How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We now live in the State of NC, we moved here from Prince

Customer Question

We now live in the State of NC, we moved here from Prince William County Va, in 1998, my husband's company sent him to Va to work, the state of Va kept our Va income taxes because they said we owed it, now they have frozen our bank account so they can get the rest of their money, my question to you is, what is the statute of limitation in the state of Va and do they have the right to do this
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, there is no statute of limitations in VA for delinquent or failure to pay taxes. Thus, the Commonwealth of VA can seek to collect back delinquent taxes due at any time. So, if you dispute the amount of taxes due, you can do so and would need your CPA or tax preparer to get you the documents to file an appeal on the amount they are claiming due, but if you do owe that amount, then the Commonwealth has no statute of limitations to collect it.

Related Legal Questions