How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2174
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you available. I'm not sure if I need to re a lawyer

Customer Question

Hello, thank you for being available. I'm not sure if I need to hire a lawyer or not for my issue. A few years ago, my husband, now my ex-husband, took sexy pictures of me, not porn pics, and I have lost the pictures. I have asked for a CD copy of the pictures with no response. Since I was the subject of the pictures, I am assuming I have a right to the copy of them. I agreed to them being taken and I have no intention of using them for any malice intention, only my personal use. I don't know if there is a document I can file with the court for obtaining them or if need to hire an attorney. Hopefully my question will be answered soon. Thank you for your assistance. Donna
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you could file a claim probably in small claims court ordering him to turn over all personal photos like this. Another method would be to have an attorney draft a formal demand asking for them to be returned.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.