How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok if you want last week I called the hoa president and s

Customer Question

Ok if you want last week I called the hoa president and his code enforcement officer a liar. The president called the cops, I was not arrested and went home.they sent me a certified letter notice to sign. I refused to sign. I never signed any agreement with them because My daughter is the owner. I have limited power of attorney representing my daughter. I will refuse the letter on the basis of not having signed any contract with the hoa.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: there has been targeted enforcement against me and my daughter by this code enforcement guy. leaving notes on my trash stating I was ruining the neighborhood because of this trash which was waiting to be picked up.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, refusing service of a certified letter is not really going to do anything. Just because you do not have a contract, you are a resident in that community and are bound by their bylaws. However, if you feel there is harassment or selective enforcement then involving an attorney and possibly filing a lawsuit makes the most sense.

Related Legal Questions