How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to file a claim against Siemens Corporation. I am not

Customer Question

I want to file a claim against Siemens Corporation. I am not sure what courthouse to go to.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is the lawsuit all about?

2. Does Germany have anything to do with your situation?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thru no fault of my own I was laid off after 2 years of and did not have the opportunity to work for 5 years to complete the
vesting period.
I was in Beverly, MA working for Osram Sylvania who is owned by Siemens. Siemens and I had correspondence and they denied my pension .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a write up I can send. I prepared it for a court appearance but I do not know what court house to go to.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

As Siemens was never your employer. I don't see how you would have a suit against Seimens simply because you have been denied a pension that you were earning through Osram Sylvania. The fact that one company may own another company does not mean that as an employee of you have a claim against the employer that you can sue the parent company. Generally, you must still sue the employing company---even if your pension is controlled by the parent company. At a mini9mum I thing that you will want to name both companies in your suit. And you would file your lawsuit in the county were you were employed to work.

If there has already been a lawsuit filed, then you would need to bring your matter to the same court.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,