Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In July of 1976 I received a fined offense in Bermuda

Customer Question
for a controlled substance....
In July of 1976 I received a fined offense in Bermuda for a controlled substance. The fine was paid and it was supposed to be removed from th books after 10 years. Well, it has just showed up on my records and is causing me a problem with global entry. How can I get this record removed, like it was supposed to be. asap thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/25/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to get the documentation from Bermuda showing that the records were removed from their records and you need to provide that proof to Homeland Security. Homeland Security does not check these things for people, so you would have to contact the court in Bermuda where this took place and get proof from them that the record has been deleted or expunged or get an attorney in Bermuda to resolve it with the court if it has not been properly removed after the 10 years.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney