Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What do I do if an exlawyer that I red personal injury case

Customer Question
What do I do if...
What do I do if an exlawyer that I hired for a personal injury case no longer is my lawyer but is now suing me for monies owed for another small situation that he agreed to do for $2500. He is now suing me for 7000+9000Plus court fees it could be more I just couldn't read anymore
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I filed a complaint with the Bar Association and responded to his ridiculous summons that was filled with lies and made me look like a complete dirt bag. He basically basically told me that he was going to screw me over and said he and his law firm we're going to stick it to me. I have a witness that can confirm everything and knows that I am not lying but no one around me will represent me because they said they don't want to have to deal with and at bar meetings. So I've been having to put up with his abuse and harassment for almost 2 years and I am a single mother of four children on disability for a severe rheumatoid disease
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also wanted to mention that I did file a fee dispute with the same office that I filed a complaint with but they said that this was out of the room of a fee dispute program and it was malpractice and unethical behavior
7/25/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

1. Did you sign a written contract for the $2,500 job?

2. If so, can you please upload it so we can better assist you?

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please see my two questions above...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not sign a retainer agreement for 25 $2500 with him. He kept shoving paper is that me telling me to sign them all while making me feel uncomfortable. He is constantly telling to shut up and that I had diarrhea of the mouth. I had a hearing to go to and he did attend but I did all the work prior to and we verbally agreed on 2500. When I left his services after the hearing to which I might add was in my favor I thought it was best that he was no longer my lawyer for my personal injury caseas he was making me feel really uncomfortable. He warned me at that point that he would contact my personal injury insurance company and that he was going to stick it to me and I would be very sorry. Since then it's been a nightmare
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that you made over $8000 for my personal injury case for which my lawyer said that was way more than he deserved as he really didn't do very much work. He did come up with a retainer agreement but I never ever signed or saw it for that matter until a year after he no longer represented me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also found out that he actually did contact my personal injury insurance company and my case that was once going to be anywhere from 750 to 500,000 and it up being 250 and by the time I paid off all my bills and all the money I owed for the two years I was at work I was back to being broke

I think it is best that we wait and discuss this by phone later today...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lol ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When and what time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Boy that response scares me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sarah(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What time it is 5 am here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I click on this offer thing?

I am one hour behind you. Will you be able to do this between 8:45 am and 9:00 am your time? If so, then around 8:45 accept the offer and it will send me a message and I will contact you...

Tina, Lawyer