How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31789
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This person owes me $1800 and said she'd pay me back $150

Customer Question

This person owes me $1800 and said she'd pay me back $150 every time she got paid on the 6th and 21st of every month. She hasn't paid me back and instead has gotten a car and insurance but doesn't have a driver license. It's been two months now and she now says she can't afford to pay me back $300 a month and that she'll pay me little by little. But I have a written agreement with her that she'd give me $300 a month.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you have a contract with this person, and she has breached it by failing to pay, you can sue in small claims court for the amount owed and seek a judgment for those costs, plus any legal fees (attorney fees and filing fees).

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once you have a judgment, you can seek to recover via wage garnishment, bank levy, etc.