Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My question is regarding best course of action to take with

Customer Question
Hello- My question is regarding best...
Hello-
My question is regarding best course of action to take with 1099 contacted employee who has created a shadow website of our business, used company photos and assets as well as sales history, and is pitching it as their own, under a new brand name and driving business to themselves. Can anything other than a cease and desist be filed? We are a small independent business. Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/24/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

While the ex contractor, in the absence of a non-compete agreement, is free to engage in a competitive business, they may not appropriate your property, proprietary assets and trade secrets to do so.

Send a cease and desist and if they do not comply, sue them for misappropriation of your proprietary assets, trademark infringement and fraud.

Loren, Attorney