Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Thank you! Can they come after my dad and put a hold on s

Customer Question
Thank you!Can they come after...
Thank you!Can they come after my dad and put a hold on his land, retirement and/or insurance
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/23/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello again,

.

You might not have seen my answer in the other thread... If they foreclose using a "non-judicial" foreclosure, which is about 95% of them, then they just get the house back...period. They can't come after father for anything else.

.

So odds are that they will just get the house back, sell it, and then claim a loss that the govt insurance will pay them off for.

.

But his retirement is exempt under federal law from creditors and any life insurance goes directly to the beneficiary and isn't part of his estate.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney