How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27259
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there people who will take over a family's finances and

Customer Question

Are there people who will take over a family's finances and pay their bills for them? Our family member never has enough money and can't pay their bills.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me a little more about the situation? Why would someone want or need this? Just want to make sure I can answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter and her husband and family have had to move in with us because they weren't paying their rent or utility bills at their duplex. Unfortunately they have done the same with us. No payments for rent or utilities. I would like to give them a set time to move out but they have four children that are our grandchildren and I don't know what would happen to them. If they can't afford to pay our rent of $700 or utility bills of $400.00, I don't know where they would go. They just don't seem to be able to control their spending. They need someone to set up a budget for them and make them adhere to it.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Yes, they could find a financial adviser /accountant to take over and manage their money for them. They can give this person power of attorney and authorization to act on their behalf. Of course, there is a fee which this person will charge, so they have to be ready to pay it. If not, then you can do this for them and simply need authorization. If they do not have the money to pay rent and meet their basic needs, they are unlikely to be willing or unable to pay a 3rd party do to this. As such, you can offer or see if someone you know will volunteer to do this, to help them out.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.