How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A dentist signed my name on a creditcard application without

Customer Question

A dentist signed my name on a creditcard application without my knowledge or permission the forgery was done about 18 months ago and also this dentist had his license revolt in Pa. F rating with the BBB; all this on the internet I had to pay the Credit Card company to save my credit rating . I can prove the signature is forgery. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.
I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

You can do 2 things:

  1. Report the matter to your local police department (this is a crime) - it won't get your money back, but they can at least investigate and potentially prosecute the dentist for his actions.
  2. You can sue the dentist for fraud and "conversion" (the civil equivalent of theft) to recover the money that you had to pay the credit card company. It is likely that the dentist is simply going to "default" on your judgment (based only on what you posted regarding his past actions and reputation), so you may get a fast judgment, but have trouble actually enforcing it (collections against an unlicensed dentist/professional can be difficult). If the amount is less than $5,000.00 you can use small claims court which is relatively simple and attorneys are not used: