How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a situation concerning my deceased mother that passed

Customer Question

I have a situation concerning my deceased mother that passed away on 7/5 from Altzheimers.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Fayette County, Pennsylvaina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Just the details of the situation. My youngest brother got my mother to sign a Power of Attorney while she was in the personal care nursing home and my mother was not of a sound mind to sign such a paper. He has sold the property and did not tell 3 of the 5 siblings about the sale or any of the events. My brother has the original will and he told me prior to 3/2015 that I was named as the administrator and that everything was to be split equally to the 5 of us. I am the oldest.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: The state is PA and when the house was sold, the power of attorney was filed along with the real estate paperwork. The will is not going to be filed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that you are going to be able to help me. I would like to cancel my request and have my credit card credited back my good faith payment.
Thank you anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I don't want to speak to a new lawyer. I want to cancel this request. Please refund my $5.00 good faith payment.
Thank you.