How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MyChart records at Yale contain gross misdiagnoses and I've

Customer Question

MyChart records at Yale contain gross misdiagnoses and I've recently been denied medical care as a result of these records. I did authorize the doctor to access my EMR nor does MyChart show the record was recently accessed by two different medical groups.
After speaking with Yale's Associate Manager of Documentation Integrity, I learned that the hospital need not tell me the name(s) of any doctor who made my record a mess of errors. She informed me that I am now charged with submitting a request for myriad amendments to my EMR, (Each diagnosis has a date but does not name the Doctor who made any single diagnosis so I cannot address the so-called provider.)
I would like an attorney to advocate for me and to help me determine what my rights encompass.
Can anyone advise me if there is any such attorney and ... what type of attorney I'm in search of? I need expert help here -- my expert needs to be
Many thanks for any guidance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There isn't a specialty in an area such as you discussed due to the lack of cases sufficient to enable someone to specialize. However, there are a number of areas that might work.

It looks like part of your post was cut off. In the next to the last paragraph it states "I need expert help here -- my expert needs to be" and then nothing else. What were you going to put there?