Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Madam, I wish to close off my balcony with a solution where

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I wish to close off my balcony with a solution where the windows have no frames and when I want to open the balcony complitely for air, then one cannot see that there ever existed a window. As a matter of fact, I am closing the balcony with a glass curtain. I wish to know whether this according to the prevailing laws in Israel is OK. I will truly appreciate a response to my question.
My e mail address is : *****************
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Naim li. Shmi Ely, ve ani orech din, aval ani b'USA.
There is no state law in Israel that mandates that a window/balcony space cannot be replaced with what you are planning to do.
However, you must have your plan approved by Taba. This is done by an application being made to the local Taba for a building permit. A copy of the application must be delivered any neighbors/parties affected by the change, and they have an opportunity to voice any objection heard Taba.
Once the project is approved, you have to pay the fees/taxes up front (possibly including hetel hashbacha) and then construction/modification may commence.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As my solution is not anything fixed. Do I still have to ask gor a permidsion. If i would install a curtsin to isolate the balcony tthen I would ot have to ask for a permission, or how ?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your reply.

" If i would install a curtsin to isolate the balcony..."

What is a curtsin? Can you please use another word to describe what you mean?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my mistake, I meant to write curtain
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

No problem. If the curtain is internal, then no permission from Taba should be required. If the curtain is external but does not materially change the form or structure, then no permission is required. If the curtain is external and does materially change the form or structure (or add to it), then permission from Taba is required.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.