How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have an 84 year single client with very little resources.

Customer Question

Have an 84 year single client with very little resources. Family thinking she may need to be put in a nursing home within the year. She just received a settlement from an accident that totals near $250,000. The family does not want to have to spend down all the money. What can they do to preserve the asset as much as possible? Is there strategic place to save the money? Can she pass along to her kids?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'd be glad to discuss this with you and cover some options but to get a complete answer you are going to have to go and visit with a local lawyer so they can evaluate all of the issues and offer a specific plan based on a complete analysis of the facts.

With this in mind do you want me to discuss the options with you or would you prefer for me to opt out and allow someone else to look it over although all of the experts are likely to have the same problem?