Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My very good friend is faced with this situation" i am j,

Customer Question
my very good friend is...
my very good friend is faced with this situation "hi i am j, and i illegally joined a dating site in the USA despite being in africa.i met a woman and we have been talking for a few months we fell in love and i even lied to her a number of times about my picture how i look and where i was from,i lied to her alot about my name and profession and even got money amounting to 8000$.in the end i confessed showed her my real picture and told her i was in africa she still loves me and wants to marry me.now the fear is we are working on a visitors visa and she is sponsoring for me to come to the usa so we can meet and take the next step in our relationship,i am afraid but she says she loves me and doesnt care what happened.what legal guarantees can i obtain from her to make sure its not a setup."
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/20/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Unfortunately there is no guarantee. There is no way to know what her motive is until you arrive in the U.S.A. If you do not feel comfortable about the situation, it would be prudent for you to decline the invitation for your own safety.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can the USA law reach beyond its borders lets what i mean is can my friend despite refusal to come to the USA be arrested by the USA in africa?

The answer to your question is no.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law