How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19500
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am poa 80 year old father he is gambling heavily 3 or 4

Customer Question

i am poa for my 80 year old father he is gambling heavily 3 or 4 grand a week at this rate he wont be able to pay his mrotgage should I put a stop to it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Regrettably, no you cannot. POA means you can act on his behalf and he can also act on his own behalf. However,this does not me that you can stop him from doing things on his own if he is still competent to do so. If you want to take care 100% of his affairs, you need to Petition the Court for Guardianship of his person and Conservatorship of his estate. You can obtain the forms at the local Courthouse in the City where he lives in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.