How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28010
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A couple of my tenants got into a fight on site. A shot was

Customer Question

A couple of my tenants got into a fight on site. A shot was fired and one person was arrested. I want to evict both tenants. The police were present and I have been communicating with them. If a serve notice of eviction how much time do I have to give them to get out. Should I file eviction notice with the county?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No only the police and other tenants.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, eviction needs to be filed in the county where the rental property is located. In a month-to-month rental agreement, a landlord can issue a 24-hour written notice to end a tenancy under very limited circumstances. The law specifies the reasons. You may send a 24-hour eviction notice if the tenant(s) have/has intentionally injured someone other than a member of the household, intentionally damaged the property, or committed an act that is “outrageous in the extreme.” An outrageous-in-the-extreme act is not specifically defined by law, but does include prostitution or promotion of prostitution, violence, manufacture or delivery of drugs, intimidation and burglary. Based upon what you described above, firing a shot and using a gun would likely rise to that level, so the process can be started and they remain, you could proceed through the court to evict.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you have any other questions or need me to clarify something. I am here to help so please just let me know.