How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42211
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad who passed in 1971 was a veteran. My mom just passed.

Customer Question

My dad who passed in 1971 was a veteran. My mom just passed. I am her daughter and sole caregiver. Her insurance company said to check to see if I am entitled to any kind of benefits. Mom passed 7-1-2016. Thankyou for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Check here with the VA unclaimed funds to see if there is unclaimed life insurance being held for them.

Also you are entitled to a one time social security death benefit.

Apply here

Also the VA pays for part of a marker if they were buried , here are forms and step by step.

Form to claim it here.

Step by step

Usually the funeral home will help you with this matter too if it is a civilian cemetery.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and am sorry for your loss here.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.