How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42860
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a member of your firm. Last year I contacted you about

Customer Question

I am a member of your firm. Last year I contacted you about how to get my deceased sons name of of my property deed. I never followed up on it but would like to proceed with it again Eileen * ****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You will need a local lawyer to make application for probate and be appointed executor/administrator.Once you receive your letters of appointment here from the judge you would have lawyer do a fiduciary deed to transfer title if you are the legal heir to his estate.

You would have to pay any creditors here as part of the estate and taxes.Expect this to take about a year from start to finish to complete probate.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can also do this yourself called pro se, here are the forms to do so.

See form 111-2

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Fiduciary deed, you would be signing as executor/administrator to yourself as sole heir.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Step by step for you.

Thanks again, if you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.