How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7351
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being accused of stealing my mothers vehicle after my

Customer Question

I am being accused of stealing my mothers vehicle after my mother gave it to me. My twin sister is suing me for the car. What should I do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tx
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I am in the process of looking for one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My sister called me yesterday saying if I don't turn the car back by this Thursday she will report it stolen. It is already in the litigation process. Court 11. Can I drop the car off at a police station or am I able r
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You can't be accused of stealing the car if someone gave it to you voluntarily. Notify your local police department that your sister might try to file a stolen car report and what the circumstances are. They will ignore her and tell her that it is a civil matter.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.