How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a judgement I am unable to collect in the amount of

Customer Question

have a judgement I am unable to collect in the amount of $4,500 awarded by Judge Starns in April of this year. This case involved a landlord dispute.
My x-husband is in contempt of court $6,000. I was able to collect $5,500 that was awarded in Divorce court in April. When I filed a contempt of court this time on the $6,000 he was unable to be served due to no longer living at the same address. I feel he is still in this area.
All so I am involved in a Civil court case that is time sensitive. This case is for $25,000.00 I have been trying to represent myself but, I can no longer do so. This involves issues with Robin Flores attorney at law. If you are affiliated with him there would be a conflict of interest.
Please contact me as soon as possible if you would be interested in having a consultation with me.
Thank you,
***** *****
(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: You will need to file a motion with the court to serve the x by publication. This form should help you get started.