Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

Last Wednesday I traveled from SFO to Hawaii on an early

Customer Question

Last Wednesday I traveled from SFO to Hawaii on an early morning flight. Because I was flying first class I was able to proceed through the expedited lane on the far left of security.
I am a regular flyer and have never experienced the rude, obnoxious, ignorant and disgraceful treatment on the part of two security agents. There were no bins to place my wallet and cell phone in so I was told "throw them on the belt". Like a fool I did. When I retrieved my carry on bag, my wallet came through rather torn apart and my cell phone was missing.
I asked a rather large African American worker with her back to me "excuse me" several times with no response. After the third time, she spun around got in my face and yelled, "do you have a question or not?" I told her my cell phone was missing. Without speaking to me she roamed around asking other staff if they had found a cell phone. After about 10 minutes. the phone was found under the conveyor belt where it apparently had fallen. She literally tossed it at me and walked off. She should be terminated immediately for not only extremely poor customer service but not knowing her job or job functions. I have traveled often enough to know that you are always supposed to place your personal items on a tray and not just "toss them" onto the belt.
It is ironic that when I entered security I was drinking a bottle of water and told to throw it away which I did. What the scan apparently missed (or your workers were too ignorant to notice) was that I has three exact same water bottles in my carry on which made it through the screening. Is this your example of security?
I want an apology and some type of disciplinary action taken against the work force that dealt with me that day.
Thank you
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you and there was no need for the way you (and your things) were treated. You can fill out a complaint form, explaining the situation, here:

https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/complaints

-----------

You can also contact TSA Customer Service, to register a complaint, by phone or email.

Phone: 866- 269- 9673

HOURS

Weekdays:
8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET

Weekends/Holidays:
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET

Email Contact Center

-----------

I hope you get an apology and some satisfaction, by reporting this incident and TSA screener!

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful Thank you!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 1 year ago.

Hi My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. Please note I am not your previous expert that responded.

This is unacceptable and I apologize for any issues that you have had.

The correct link to file the complaint so that it is handled by the corporate office is this link here.

https://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/tsacontact/DynaForm.aspx?FormID=10

Again I am terribly sorry and if I can help in anything further please let me know.