Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a TSA Known Traveler #; Do I have to apply Global

Customer Question
I have a TSA Known...
I have a TSA Known Traveler #; Do I have to apply for separate Global Entry pass?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/18/2016
Lawyer: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago
Cerecita

Hello, and welcome!

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at various time and I just signed on and received notification of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

If your TSA Known Traveler number is ***** to TSA Precheck, for which you applied, was interviewed and paid your fee of $85, Yes, you would have to apply separately for a Global Entry pass.

If you never enrolled in or paid for your TSA KTN (Known Traveler Number), but was just given the privilege, at this time, it would be more economical to apply for the Global Entry program (GOES), which costs only $15 more, at $100, and includes TSA Precheck, as well!

If you wish to apply for a Global Entry pass, you can start your application online at the following link:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/how-apply

------------

Please let me know if this fully answered your question and you found it helpful. Thank you very much!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up on this question. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will always be available to continue our conversation.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

You do not need to apply for Global Entry unless you plan to travel international. Global Entry is for international flights as TSA Precheck is for Domestic flights within the US Pleas let me know if you have further questions.

Global Entry is run by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and allows “pre-approved, low risk” travelers an expedited means of clearing customs upon reentering the country. Travelers with Global Entry use kiosks that read their passports, fingerprints, and customs declarations, allowing them to bypass the customs official and the accompanying line. Though this is primarily to benefit travelers coming into the country, some international customs authorities recognize Global Entry in some capacity.

TSA PreCheck is another Trusted Traveler Program designed to make clearing security at airports much easier. Simply put, Global Entry is designed to expedite the customs process, while TSA PreCheck does the same for the security screening process.

Note: Global Entry travelers are automatically qualified for TSA PreCheck, but the reverse is not true.

Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767