How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16630
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went into labor on Jul 12,2016 morning went to see doctor

Customer Question

I went into labor on Jul 12,2016 morning went to see doctor was dilated 6 cm instructed to quickly get to hospital. Hospital that is covered by insurance is 1 hour and 40 minutes away. Got to hospital was 7 cm and admitted to labor and delivery at 10:20 AM. Contractions continued 3 hours passed still at 7cm, contractions continue. 5 hours passed still 7cm contractions worse doctors broke water, 7 hours no change except intensity of pain was given 2 epidurals and fluid to increase contractions, except when contractions came it put baby in distress with each contraction baby's heart rate went from 127/32 dropped down to 68/10 and would shoot up to 202/9 this was consistent at least 7-8 times my mother called for the nurse and told them this was not natural, she want to see the doctor who would be delivering the baby. Instead they decided to give me another epidural against my mother's directions. Doctor came 9 hours had passed and still 7 cm, my mother spoke with the doctor and explained what was happening and said another course of action needed to be taken doctor agreed that an emergency C-section was needed, within 10 min of third epidural anesthesia was given and C-section performed. I wen into a seizure during seizure and now I studder when trying to talk. I was discharged on Thursday afternoon it is now Sunday July 17,2016 and the studderring still exist, what should I do my mother says something is wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this cause to contact an attorney and do I have a case?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you suffer any complications during the C-section surgery?

Is speech stuttering the only issue you have experienced after the C-section was completed?

Have you seen a doctor regarding this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Tomeka's mother, we looked up her symptoms online and the it says she stutters every time her blood pressure drops. Is it normal for them to give her 3 epidurals and anesthesia within 10-15 mins of each other as well as the IV that initiated the additional contractions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter went into somewhat of a seizure after they took the baby. She could hear them talking but she was unable to respond. Her tongue started swelling, arms starting jerking and then her upper body because they had numbed her from the waist down. Doctor didn't know what to call what was happening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bank just contacted me to confirm charges for $42 and another for $59 yet no phone call has come
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not getting any feedback, as of right now I am requesting that you cancel this membership
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I am not a medical doctor, so those type of question would have to be reviewed by a local medical expert, however, it does sound that the medical staff might have engaged in some type of improper medical care which might be beyond the industry standard of care and it would definitely make sense to consult with an experienced local medical malpractice attorney and most of such attorneys offer free initial consultation.

You can find an experienced and skilled local medical malpractice law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to medical malpractice law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.

This local attorney will be able to review your daughter's entire case and all the medical records and will determine whether there is a feasible claim for medical malpractice exist.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.