How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lived in my father in law house last 5 years. The

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have lived in my father in law house for the last 5 years. The agree that was we were to treat as out housee where we're responsible for repairs and could do what we wanted with exception to structural such as roof or structure. The plan was for us to get the house at some point but 1 year ago was informed that he could no longer live up to his agreement and if we wanted to stay we needed buy, and renting wasn't a option. we were in the process of trying to fix and sell my rental house so we could buy this house and now being told they can't afford it and I still can't buy until I selly rental. What are my legal rights for work ..upgraded and repairs done at his house I'd he forecloses or sells under us
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Is there anything in writing to evidence and show the house would be yours? Any time limit on this happening? Do you have an agreed upon price at this time? Was the deal conditioned upon you selling your rental?