Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a term pending service connected disability

Customer Question

I have a long term pending service connected disability compensation claim with the Veterans Administration and wish to assign the right to follow the claim , in the event of my demise ,to a son. The claim is currently in review which can take over a year for any decision. At age 89 who knows & I wish to have any reward distributed to beneficieries
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You need to prepare a valid will here.You executor can then pursue this for the estate and your named heirs.This is how you protect the claim a the estate and the executor would probate the will and then file suit or otherwise pursue the claim here.Just make sure your will has been done and this should not be a problem for the executor to continue to pursue this.

The will here names the people as heirs you want to receive this settlement under the terms of your last will and testament.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You need to prepare a valid will here.Your executor can then pursue this for the estate and your named heirs.This is how you protect the claim a the estate and the executor would probate the will and then file suit or otherwise pursue the claim here.Just make sure your will has been done and this should not be a problem for the executor to continue to pursue this.