How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor and her boyfriend have gone up and down my

Customer Question

My neighbor and her boyfriend have gone up and down my street knocking on all the doors and telling everyone that I am in a lesbian relationship. What can I do about this? I have lived here for 23 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has told my Home Owners Association while in a dispute we are involved in. When I do yard work she opens her windows and plays christian talk about how I am going to hell. Everyone who is outside hears this.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: You can send her what is known as a cease and desist letter and if she does not stop talking about your private life to others; you may be able to sue her for what is known as a wrongful public disclosure of private facts which have no real newsworthiness. It is an invasion of privacy type of suit. As far as the christian talk radio, only if it is too loud and creating a nuisance can you do anything. You can file a nuisance action and ask the judge to order an injunction to get her to turn the volume down and if she fails to comply she can be fined for each incident.