Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I appeared at a church my daughter, son in law, s father

Customer Question
I appeared at a church...
I appeared at a church my daughter, son in law, his father work at trying to get them to listen to me about a psychological issue my daughter is struggling with, because her crazy therapist has mislabeled it and it's gone haywire (what she is really dealing with is parental alienation as an adult child, and she's also alienating me not only as her mom, but also a grandmother). They are stating causes that aren't true, they now have temporary injunctions because I showed up at the church too many times (with prayer requests only, or wanting to meet with the pastor).
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado. I was trying to talk to my son in law there, he said I'd have to leave, called security, I saw my daughter running away from me (didn't know she worked there too) and the church was put on lockdown...the 4th largest church in the state...because I saw there. I had no idea that I had already been profiled as a "person of interest" as I had shown up there numerous times, and rather than realize that I was leaving prayer requests for my daughter, they felt my presence was threatening because my daughter was having issues with me, and had kicked me out of her life for an undetermined period of time, for an undetermined reason. She and her husband LOVED me one day, and then 3 days later she cut off all contact without a lot of dialogue. Now I'm going to court...I have done nothing but care, love, support, gave $10K for a down payment on their house, gave them my car, paid for the big wedding, all college unless scholarship, etc etc etc. My granddaughter and I had bonded, my daughter told me she'd hoped I"d be the Nana she'd bond with, the granddaughter always asked for me. Grandson was born, we were told we'd know about it, never heard. Didn't even get his name, or if everyone was healthy. I could go on.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It's abuse to my daughter (parental alienation involves one parent talking down another until the child hates the alienated parent, and eventually all her family, and all the alienating parent's family will now hate the alienated parents family...like hatfields and mccoys. It's ridiculous.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That I have come near suicide several times due to this, that I've been in the ER with major anxiety almost passing out, and in the ER with 0 potassium in me due to stress, cracked teeth due to stress, feel ill due to stress and lack of sleep, and I feel very abused, hurt, neglected, slandered, defamed, lied to, and simply hurt really really bad. A lot of what they are saying is assumption and lies.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/17/2016
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this matter.

If I understand the situation correctly, your adult children/family have taken out restraining orders (court orders) against you requiring you not to contact them.

Despite these orders you have been in contact with them, or attempted to be near them (perhaps inadvertently) multiple times, such as at your church.

I would recommend that you refrain from attempting to contact them, or visit this church in the future until the restraining order is lifted.

While alienation of an adult may be a very real psychological matter (and there may be medical assistance available to you for this), there is no legal remedy for this, and your adult family is free to make this determination for themselves.

Continued violations of the restraining orders can create more trouble for yourself (and much more mental distress) than you have already suffered. (A violation of a restraining order can even be punished by jail time).

I am very truly sorry that you are suffering such a significant family distress, and I do hope that your matter will mend itself, but until the court orders are dissolved, your best course of action is to abide by these orders and do everything within your power to avoid them (even if this means finding a new church to worship at).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney