How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19169
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor comes out and takes pictures with her phone

Customer Question

my neighbor comes out and takes pictures with her phone every time i step outside. she call the dog catcher everytime i walk my dog, and yesterday she called the fire dept because i had an off coil on my pourch. what can i do to stop this. its been going on since early december.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

This can be very difficult to deal with, but the best option is to sue her in small claims court for harassment. Collect all of these events, particularly if you can get records from the fire department, human society, etc.

Then just come up with a small amount of money for nuisance and sue her. The point is to make her stand in front of a judge and explain each call. That tends to cool people's jets a bit, when they stand before a judge.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
allen i have been to the majestrate of our county and she says that theyt can do nothing. what type of lawyer do i need
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Honestly, if the magistrate of your county won't do anything, then a lawyer can't help you because the lawyer would have to go to that magistrate for relief.

Start reporting everything she does to the police, and try to build a case for a restraining order.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.