How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While my son was incarserated, he was beaten, stabbed, cut,

Customer Question

While my son was incarserated, he was beaten, stabbed, cut, bones broken and contracted hepatitis. He is currently sercing his remaining time at Bridges Turning Point in Pompano Beach however he has needed healthcare isuues for the brien ribs, cracked skull, and hepatitis. The treatment center he is allowed to go to doesnt take anything but cash and it has cost us a total of more than 10, 000. Dollars so far. What recourse do we have since this entire mess was due to the inmates he was with.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

There are two advocacy organizations that may be of assistance in getting your son some help with his medical care:

In addition to those sites (advocacy sites), your son likely has a strong civil litigation claim against the State of Florida. (This website is a law firm's (our forum is not associated with this law firm, but it gives a very good summary of what different inmate claims are - many of which appear to apply to your son's conditions):

You can find local personal injury attorneys (make sure to find attorneys that specialize in litigating in federal court and have some experience with what we call 42 USC 1983 claims (federal tort claims), as your son's case is likely to have to be heard in federal court), using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).