Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was served a citation letter on June 27, 2016, that I am

Customer Question
being sued. What should...
I was served a citation letter on June 27, 2016, that I am being sued. What should I do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I can't find one. I went to Legal Aid and no one has any assistance for me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/15/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: If you have not done so already, you need to file an answer ASAP or they will get a default judgment against you. Here is the form you need to fill out and file with the court. Once you do that, you can come back and tell me more about the case and I can proceed to help you under our premium services option if you wish. Those are way more affordable if you are willing to do some of the leg work yourself instead of hiring a lawyer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney