Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I own a limo company and have contractors now state wants me

Customer Question
to have workers compensation coverage...
I own a limo company and have contractors now state wants me to have workers compensation coverage for them based on 8-40-202, if I have to have that coverage can I pass the cost on to my drivers since they are contractors
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/14/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: That should not be a problem; for example, you can revise your future contracts with them to reduce the amount of compensation they will receive by the allocated amount that you have to pay on their behalf in premiums. However, you should wait to do this until their contract term expires and sign a new contract.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney