How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I apply insurance my kids, Christina 8 and Isabella 5 back

Customer Question

I apply for heath insurance for both my kids, Christina 8 and Isabella 5 back in Dec 2015 through heath first.
I was promised insurance for kids in Jan 2016. Its been 7 months now and I have not heard anything from the State of Ny. I have been going back and forth between Heath First and NYS State and no seems to know what's going on. The nys state have been reviwing my case since Jan 2016 and still I cant get an answer from the NYS. Its under review for a long time now and no seems to care about it. Mean while both my kids need medical attention. My little isaballa hair is falling off her head and she needs medical attention. I don't even know if she has cancer. I don't know if my kid is dying on. I have no coverage for my kids. how can I sue the NYS Health? this is child abuse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather an attorney with 15 years experience. I'm happy to assist for informational and educational purposes.

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time.

It's not child abuse, but if her hair is falling out, this definitely needs to be resolved. If you have gotten any paperwork in the mail, you need to follow up and make sure you call them on the phone numbers in your paperwork.

If it is state health insurance such as a program through Medicaid and you have been denied, you have the right to a hearing.

Has that answered your question at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help. I'm trying to figure out how to help you, and what information you are trying to obtain.

Here was your question:

"how can I sue the NYS Health?"

To sue NYS Health, you need to write up a complaint, file it at the courthouse, and serve the State.

Please let me know if that has answered your question, as I'm happy to assist.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm checking in to see if I've answered your question. Please let me know!