Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a question my brother bought an item using the Let Go

Customer Question

I have a question my brother bought an item using the Let Go app his phone the buyer and him talk to emails only the item was $75 the guy drop the price down to 60 my brother Dan said he'd send 50 extra for holding it for him he used a certified check my brother told him that he was adding extra so he can send to the movers you never told him how much it was but he told me he said he sent him $1,360 he told the guy to take out his 1:10 and to send the best back using MoneyGram to the movers it's been 4 weeks now since that has happened and he has not received anything is it anyway to get his money back or os he just plain screwed
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

This sounds like brother got scammed by this person and he has no intention of sending whatever brother bought using movers. That is a risk of doing business without ever meeting someone personally or going through a known venue for purchasing.

.

With that said, if there is some way of finding out who the seller is, maybe through the Let Go customer assistance, then brother could sue the person in small claims court for breach of contract if the person was close enough to justify the time and expense.

.

And for future reference, it would be much wiser for brother to contact and pay any movers directly rather than sending that much additional money to the seller and trusting them to not defraud them..

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Also from the LetGo site:

.

We're sorry to hear you've been a possible victim of a fraudulent or offensive user on our app. Please report this user so we can investigate further and take appropriate action.

• Go to the user's profile
  • Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
  • Select "Report User"
  • Choose one of the reasons and add an optional comment
  • Press send and we'll receive your report and look into it

If you need information about a letgo user for a police investigation, send us an email to***@******.*** and we will gladly cooperate by providing all relevant details. Please note we may take up to 72 hours to respond to your inquiry. Reports about fraudulent users must be made through the procedure detailed above.

.

.

thanks