Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

How to put in a complaint about your lawyer who you feel is

Customer Question

How to put in a complaint about your lawyer who you feel is not handling your case and there no communication.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the attorney is not communicating with you about your representation, then you can see if you can schedule a meeting with any managing partner at his firm to discuss the problem with the lack of communication. The managing partner (assuming there is one) is his boss and can direct him to maintain open lines of communication with you.

.

If that doesn't work, or you want to take more stern action, you can contact the IL Bar Association and file a formal bar complaint against the attorney. Under the Professional Rules of Conduct, an attorney has a duty to maintain contact with his clients and keep them reasonably informed about their case progress.

.

The attorney would then have to respond to the bar complaint and explain his actions to the governing board.

.

.

thanks