How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't know if I'm in the right place) As a General

Customer Question

I don't know if I'm in the right place)
As a General Contractor, for a Commercial Retail Finish-Out project (Texas), we have a customer who is refusing to pay their invoice. The job was terminated in the middle of the work, and they have not paid for the services rendered. I've been told I should send a Notice of Intent to Lien letter to the customer and the Building Owner, and I need some help getting that process started.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here are the Texas lien forms and instructions:
You should send them the lien notice and another copy of the invoice and if they do not pay the invoice after you place the lien on the property, you then need to file suit against the owner to seek to foreclose on the lien and take their property to sell to satisfy the judgment or seek money judgment against them, which would be the point where you would seek to get an attorney involved to represent you, as you can potentially seek attorney's fees as well for part of their willful and malicious refusal to pay their bill in breach of their contract.