How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My trade in car has unpaid tickets on someone else name and

Customer Question

My trade in car has unpaid tickets on someone else name and the dealership for my new vehicle is holding my new titles and want to set up a payment plant to them.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Saint Thomas US Virgin Islands
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The tickets are over $1000 when i spoke to the officer that wrote the tickets he said it was a spiteful act in order to get the person to pay them. But the person is a friend and the officer was given all their information to contact them if needed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you get your trade-in car from the person in whose name the tickets were issued against?

2. Did you buy the car or was it a gift to you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,Thank you for responding. I had a 2013 focus that was in a minor hit and run but i was unaware of the situation until a unit showed up to my home with the victim which so happed to be a lawyer. She identified the car to be on the seen but I was not the driver. Even though my car had no scrap, dent or any marking to claim that my car dented her bumper. In so to handle the situation I asked her if there is anything I can do , does she want my insurance company since it was my car.She anwered me infront of the officers as well as my Dad No, it has nothing to do with me she just want to find the driver to ask some questions. I insisted that she form a claim with my insurance company since Im fully insured. She denied me once again. The officer asked if theirs anyone else who drives my car and I answered yes, he asked if I mind showing where the personed lived, so we all went. Later on that day it was the person and the officer issued the person the tickets.
However he never informed me that he attached them to the car so unknowingly I traded the car in successfully. Now, the car company denied me getting my new car registration and title until the tickets are paid for. In addition to the accident victim that is the lawyer is now summing me to court sueing me for damages.Attached are photos of my vehicle.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I just returned from a trip out of state.

You started out talking about tickets and somehow this morphed into an auto accident. I don't understand the connection you are trying to make, nor do I understand what you are looking for. What is your question?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is fine with me
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You will need to click on the call accept icon on the page and then provide me with your number and I will call you.