How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get my record expunged. 59 yrs ago while in

Customer Question

I am trying to get my record expunged. 59 yrs ago while in the military I took a car while trying to get back to the fort at approx 3 AM. The car was valued at $100.00. I am now trying to fill out form AOC-CR-264, which was returned to me with a note from the judge saying:"Please make sure all boxes are checked". I realized that the court house no longer has a record of my offense, but the military is the ONLY record of what happened. I guess he's trying to tell me to check the additional agency box, but what do I have to do to get that specific dept.? Also I checked the box for 15A-146 should I have checked 15A-145(a)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand, but I failed to inform youth although the act occurred in NC 59 yrs ago, I am living in Florida and do not have access to a NC lawyer at this time. The only time I was in NC was during my time in the military.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Okay, no problem be right with you....

1. Was there a conviction on that incident? § 15A-146 is used to expunge records when charges are dismissed or there are findings of not guilty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like I should have checked the 15A-145(a) box instead. Thanks. Now, how do I find out what dept of the Army I need to address in order to send in this form to the judge that returned it to me.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

The U.S. Army Crime Records Center, known as the CRC, is co-located with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command Headquarters at Quantico, Virginia. The CRC is a multi-functional center, supporting not only the Army and the command, but also foreign, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. The CRC receives, safeguards, maintains and disseminates information from Army law enforcement records.


The instructions to this form you are using state as follows:

"The clerk will not send a copy of the order to any entity that is not an agency of the State of North Carolina or one of its local governments. A private entity required to expunge records will be notified directly by the State or local agencies that distribute criminal justice information to that entity."

Let me see if there is a way to expunge this through the army directly....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back in May 1968. 10 days in jail 3 years probation and $100 fine.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

I am not a military law attorney; but it appears that you can ask the CRC to expunge this and if that fails then application can be made to the Army Board for Correction of Military Records.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please see answers above...