Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In New York State, when submitting transcripts in an appeal

Customer Question
or motion ect, may I...
In New York State, when submitting transcripts in an appeal or motion ect, may I submitt only statements or must I submit the transcripts for a complete hearing or trial?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/12/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

As with most appellate courts, it appears that NY also permits you to submit only the relevant parts if a transcript on appeal rather than the whole thing. See this law, for example, which states:

Section 600.5 - 4.

"Where a full or partial transcript of proceedings is made part of the record on appeal, appellant shall serve upon, or make available to, respondent a conformed copy thereof in the manner and at the time prescribed by subdivision (e) of this section."

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney