How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26812
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a suspended license and i was caught without a valid

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i have a suspended license and i was caught without a valid license. the suspended license was do to an illegal turn . well i got caught with out a license
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i got my purse stolen and i thought my court date was 7/28 not june 28
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


If you failed to show up in court for your case a warrant likely issued for your arrest. You could contact the court clerk and confirm what happened on the 28th for sure, because sometimes the court will simply give you another date instead, and if so you don't want to miss that one too.

If a warrant issued, there is only one way to get rid of the warrant and that is for you to get the warrant lifted by appearing in front of the judge and being ready to deal with your case. This charge is not that serious and the warrant did not happen all that long ago, so the judge will probably not incarcerate you. But he can at his discretion.

So it's best to retain a lawyer and let the lawyer get the case back on the calendar for you and to appear with him and let him make an argument for your continued liberty. If you cannot afford a lawyer, a judge is necessary before you can get a public defender appointed to your case. But sometimes, the public defender's office will go to bat for a defendant in an emergency situation who is going to become a public defender client anyhow. So you can go to the public defender's office and see if they will allow one of their lawyers to accompany you so that you can safely return on the warrant.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.