How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a legal question regarding Social Security Benefits.

Customer Question

I have a legal question regarding Social Security Benefits. I have had withheld Monthly Social Security Disability Benefits to recover an overpayment that I owe. The only problem is that Social Security took these benefits while I was appealing using a Request for Reconsideration which was filed at my local Security Office. I have talked to Social Security people, over the phone and in person, and they continue to say that they could do this and not refund my benefits to me. I don't think this is legally right. Can you help me? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am afraid we cannot represent you to file another appeal, which is what you will need to do.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####