How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is deceased and he left money in the courts but I

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** father is deceased and he left money in the courts for me but I cannot access it until 21. I'm in much need of money and I know I can petition the court but I want to know the odds of me being able to receive some of that money.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are in desperate need of the money and can present good cause to the court for the need, the court will generally grant you access to the money. However, the court will not just grant you access for any reason, you have to prove the specific cause and the harm that will come if you are not given access to at least some of the money prior to being 21. Just needing money because you are broke is not going to be sufficient, you have to prove what the specific need is to the court and that you have no other way to get the money needed for the court to go against the trust.