Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If you are approved entry, are you also automatically

Customer Question
If you are approved for...

If you are approved for Global entry, are you also automatically approved for tsa precheck?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/11/2016
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: Sort of. Being enrolled in Global Entry, you get a PASS ID, which is also a Known Traveler Number (KTN). You put that in your reservation, making you eligible for TSA PreCheck. So technically, you are not enrolled in TSA PreCheck itself, but you get the same benefits.

NOTE: TSA PreCheck is never guaranteed, even if your KTN included in the reservation.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767

HI, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

The answer is YES

When you register your global entry number with your airline make sure to put your Trusted Traveler Number in both the Global Entry field and the Pre Check field.

If you are a Global Entry member or eligible NEXUS or SENTRI member, enter your membership number (PASS ID) in the “Known Traveler Number” field when booking reservations, or enter it into your frequent flyer profile with the airline. The membership number enables Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Secure Flight System to verify that you are a legitimate CBP Trusted Traveler and eligible to participate in .

Global Entry members skip the lines at Customs and Border Protection and instead use touch-screen kiosks in the arrivals area of airports. Global Entry members are automatically eligible to the TSA PreCheck program at no additional fee.

But you have to register your number with any airline that you travel with. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/tsa-precheck Please let me know if you have further questions.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer