How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19125
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer failed to submit very important letters to support

Customer Question

my lawyer failed to submit very important letters to support the false allegations made by my spouse. Yes, it was the second set of allegations, some new, some adressed and the court was made aware they were untrue. None the less, I spent hours obtaining this infomation and I was specific, and clear to include regardless of how repetitive it was.
Failure to submit this documentation to the last declaration of allegations, let the judge to make permanent orders regarding our 3 year old daughter. From supervised visation, to every other weekend and one over night a week. My child was a witness to the Domestic violence, where I have a permanent RO. My attorney stated that she "didn't think the judge would read his declarations". She now is saying it was the judges fault. I need to talk to the judge, she is challenging her inability to make a decision. I have a consult Tuesday and a trial setting appearance Wednesday. Can I go to self help with this and inform them of what is happening?? Will I be able to talk to the judge? How can i request it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the self help center will not assist anyone with legal counsel, superior court fresno county. How do I get in front of who I need to? I will let my knew attorney worry about the malpractice part of the attorney who made this huge mistake. The first overnight is to begin on wednesday. My daugther has spent 15 hours supervised at 2 different agencies in 6 months. He has been terminated for not following the rules.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Your Attorney must first withdraw from the case in order for self-help center or another Attorney would agree to represent you.

If time is of the essence, you need to appear at the "trial setting" hearing and tell the Court your objections in the open Court. Your Attorney will not like this and would most likely ask the Court for leave to withdraw from the case immediately and let you represent yourself.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Forget I even mentioned the self help. The question is who do I go to tomorrow at 8 am. I need to let the appropriate individuals what has happened. This is by far unethical and the attorney knows it, not only that it took her 5 days to file an ex parte per my request.

Response: You need to go to the Courtroom Clerk and let the Clerk know what your issue is and that you intend to bring the issue to the Judge when the Judge comes to the Bench.