How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is trying to get a dissolution of marriage done

Customer Question

My friend is trying to get a dissolution of marriage done with his wife; papers have been completed and signed, filed with the court. They were rejected, needed more information. He would like to complete the papers and resubmit but she has the original documents out of state and won't communicate with him. The court says they must have the original documents, he only has copies. What is his next step if he can't get the originals and she won't communicate with him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. You can tell your friend to contact the court and ask for their input - which may include getting the paperwork they have on file. Alternatively, you can file anew. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything. Please do not post a negative rating if there something you remain unsure about. Please ask a follow-up question, which I will be happy to answer.