How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister is a hoarder and lives in an apartment which is

Customer Question

my sister is a hoarder and lives in an apartment which is completely full of junk. floor to ceiling, wall to wall. She has decided to move into my elderly moms house. sister constantly moves more and more stuff to moms house and it's disgusting. Mom will not sign the papers to evict sister who spend a lot of time over there. What document should I use to remove all the junk from moms house? -Mark
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: sister will not listen to reason. she refuses to throw anything away. I need to sell moms house to pay for assisted living, but house is unsellable with piles of stuff everywhere. How can I legally remove the piles of stuff?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

While your mother (I assume that your mother is the only title owner on the property), is the only one that can perform the eviction, given the nature of this situation (you have a hoarder that has moved into a an elderly person's home, and the elderly person is unable or unwilling to establish their own rights) - this is when you need to report the matter to Adult Protective Services.

Alternatively, you can consider petitioning the court for a conservatorship/guardianship of your mother (this would give you legal control authority over your mother and her property - enabling you to evict your sister).