How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received a court summons from the court about a lawsuit from

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: received a court summons from the court about a lawsuit from a tenant who finished his lease contract left and never contacted me with directions where to send his deposit. Also he is a coo tenant and the other person left the unit more than six month ago ... I am in Europe now -- what should I do ???
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: are you there ?
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: how should I deal with this issue ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well, he had made considerable damage to the unit. I never made an issue of it. and it was not the reason not to return his deposit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

What State is this in? Did you ever reach out to them to obtain a forwarding address? Just trying to get an idea of any efforts made to return it?