How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33404
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being vidioed without my consent. In my house

Customer Question

I am being vidioed without my consent. In my house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i sue for invation of privacy
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you know who is videoing you?

If so, do you know why they are doing this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not rite this moment. No i dont know if its neighbors or what.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You can sue for invasion of privacy unless it is the police operating under a lawful warrant.

If i is anyone else, or if it is the police doing this without warrant then you can sue them without a doubt for a civil rights violation which includes "invasion of privacy".

If you don't know who is doing it them you can sue "John Doe" and in the pleadings explain to the judge that you are looking for the person who is doing this. Then you use subpoena power to get results of phone taps, etc.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will try to collect as much evidence as i can.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Great. The discovery process will help with that.

Also, after you hit the Positive Rating button and rate this question it will remain open from that point on. That means you can then come back to thread and ask questions at any time in the future.