How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A delusional patient/family member filed a false police

Customer Question

a delusional patient/family member filed a false police report from my home address without my knowledge, what kind of fine am I at risk for if she continues to do these things? the patient has hallucinations and delusions
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Filing a false police report is a crime/infraction that is charged or filed against the individual that actually makes the report, not the owner of the property at the address where the report was made.

If this is an ongoing issue, you will want to contact the police department to notify them of the issue (many departments are actively working with the disabled community - patients and families - and you may even end up being put in contact with an officer or case worker that specializes in this to come up with a plan that ensures that emergency calls to your property still receive a response, but there is a way to deal with false reports or calls taking into consideration your family member's condition).

Contact your local police department at their non-emergency number to discuss the situation with them.

Related Legal Questions